What are the essential references for CrossFit?
We consider these references to be utterly indispensable:
- CrossFit.com—This site contains a wealth of information, and visitors are encouraged to explore. The CrossFit.com archives contain thousands of workouts, including demonstrations, tips and discussions.
- The Exercises & Demos page by CrossFit Training—This page contains an ever-growing library of resources to help you move with virtuosity.
- The CrossFit Journal—The CrossFit Journal contains thousands of articles, including seminal pieces authored by CrossFit Founder Greg Glassman.
- CrossFit Training Courses—Held all over the world and staffed by experts, these courses cover everything from the basics of CrossFit to advanced principles to special areas including gymnastics, weightlifting and many more. CrossFit Training also offers an increasing number of Online Courses.
- The “CrossFit Level 1 Training Guide”—This guide complements the CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course, but it is 100 percent free to download in a host of languages, and you can use it to learn more about CrossFit even if you do not plan to attend a course. The manual contains Greg Glassman’s foundational articles on the CrossFit program, as well as movement and programming instruction, and nutrition information.
- CrossFit Affiliates—All CrossFit affiliates have websites, and many offer excellent instructional content online for free. We encourage you to visit these websites and contact local CrossFit affiliates to find out how their credentialed instructors can help you become healthier and fitter.
- The CrossFit Trainer Directory—Connect with a credentialed CrossFit trainer in your area.