LEVEL 1 CROSSFIT TRAINER
Save on travel time while becoming a better athlete and improving your CrossFit skills from home!
The Online Level 1 provides an introductory education on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit. The course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn effective training and nutritional strategies without the requirements of travel. Just like the in-person Level 1, the Online Level 1 equips participants with the foundational training needed to help others improve their fitness and health using the CrossFit methodology. It’s the credential you’ll need to begin your journey as a CrossFit coach. It’s also great for anyone interested in deepening their understanding of health and fitness, and gaining the tools to meet personal goals.
The Online Level 1 Course includes a self-paced component followed by a live webinar where you can engage in Q&A and receive coaching and feedback from CrossFit’s Seminar Staff. The Online Level 1 Course is perfect for anyone interested in learning more about CrossFit’s core concepts, movement, and methodology and offers a convenient option for individuals unable to attend an in-person course.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to revalidate current CF- L1 or CF-L2 credentials, obtain a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Online (CF-OL1) credential (valid for three years, eligibility requirements apply), or attain CEUs toward the maintenance of CF-L3 or CF-L4 credentials.
|Currency||Course Price||Revalidation Price|
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Coaches at CrossFit gyms and affiliate owners are required to have a CF-L1 credential, at minimum. We recommend that coaches and affiliates hone their skills with continuing education, including CrossFit’s online courses, specialty courses, and higher credentials (L2, L3, or L4).
- You will need a laptop or tablet with internet, a camera, microphone, and the ability to run Zoom (download Zoom here).
- Your registration confirmation email
- A government-issued photo ID
- Suitable clothes for working out
- A dowel, PVC pipe, broomstick, or similar object for use in the front squat, overhead squat, presses, deadlift, and sumo deadlift high pull
- A medicine ball or other light-weight ball or object (recommended 20 lb./10 kg or less) for use in the medicine-ball clean
At this time, the Online Level 1 Course and webinar are available in the following languages:
- CrossFit reserves the right to update pricing at any time. Pricing is applicable at the time registration is opened. Applicable local taxes are added at checkout.
- A 20% fee for late registration applies to all in-person seminar registrations made within 14 days of the seminar start date.
- Due to the large quantity of courses scheduled, CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
- In the event a cancellation is necessary, a 10% fee will apply to registrations canceled within seven days of the in-person seminar.
- **Includes VAT.
- ***Revalidation price valid for any trainer with a current, valid credential (CF-OL1, CF-L1, CF-L2, CF-L3, CF-L4) obtained before April 15, 2022.
Participants must be at least 17 years old at the time of their test to be eligible to become a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. Please review the eligibility requirements and age policy outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook for more information. The minimum age requirement for participation in the Level 1 Certificate Course is 14.
To inquire about discounts for first responders, full-time school teachers, and U.S. active duty and veteran military personnel, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soldiers can get their CrossFit education paid for by the U.S. Army using Army Credentialing Assistance. Eligible courses include the L1, L2, select online courses, and the L3. Learn more and get started here.
- Read the Level 1 Certificate Course Participant Handbook.
- Study the CrossFit Level 1 Training Guide.
- Develop familiarity with CrossFit’s movements and workouts. Check out the Workout of the Day on CrossFit.com or visit a CrossFit affiliate.
To receive a Level 1 Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Attend the entire two-day course (approximately 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days). Attendance includes full exposure to all lectures, full participation in all practical breakout sessions, and full participation in all workouts.
- Pass the Level 1 test.
- Sign the CrossFit Trainer License Agreement and agree to the policies outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook, the Waiver and Release of Liability, and the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Pay all course/test fees in full.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance.