Level 2 Certificate Course
The Level 2 Certificate Course is an intermediate-level course that builds on the concepts and movements introduced at the Level 1 Certificate Course. This course is ideally suited for any CrossFit trainer serious about delivering quality coaching. Level 2 participants enhance their understanding of the CrossFit methodology, program design, and implementation. They also advance their skills while coaching others in movements and workouts.
Courses Near You
Inside the Level 2 Course
The Level 2 course provides an opportunity for CrossFit trainers to refine their training skills over two days of classroom work, one-on-one training, and group sessions. Participants should come prepared to be deeply engaged. Classroom sessions are discussion-based, and each student will lead individual and small group sessions. Peers and instructors provide guidance and feedback throughout the weekend.
Discussion-based classroom sessions develop participants through adaptable real-time consideration of specific coaching questions with instructors and peers.
Participants receive direct feedback from peers and instructors in one-on-one coaching settings.
Group coaching opportunities refine participants’ abilities to teach, see, and correct individual movement while managing a larger group in a dynamic environment.
Daily group workouts help participants put theory into practice.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1) Certificate or higher
- Read the Level 2 Certificate Course Participant Handbook.
- Study the CrossFit Level 2 Training Guide and Workbook.
- We strongly recommend participants spend a minimum of 50 hours training others using the CrossFit methodology before attending a Level 2 Course.
- Online course work such as Scaling, Spot the Flaw, and Lesson Planning can help students prepare and gain confidence for the practical sessions.
|Currency||Course Price||Retest Price|
- CrossFit reserves the right to update pricing at any time. Pricing is applicable at the time course registration is opened. Applicable local taxes are additional.
- Due to the large quantity of courses scheduled, CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for discounts for active duty or retired military personnel, first responders, and full-time school teachers.
Frequently Asked Questions
DOES THE LEVEL 2 COURSE HAVE A TEST?
Yes. In tested locations, participants must pass the Level 2 test in person to receive a Level 2 Trainer Certificate and earn the CrossFit Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2) credential.
See the Level 2 Participant Handbook for more details on tested locations.
IS THERE A DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR COURSES?
No. Registration is available until the course is full or the start of the course, whichever comes first. However, there is a 20-percent fee added if registration takes place 14 days or less from the date of the course.
IN WHICH LANGUAGES ARE THE LEVEL 2 COURSE AND TEST OFFERED?
English is the default language for the Level 2 Course. In some countries, a translator is provided, and lecture and small group practical sessions are translated in real time. Courses with a translator are specified in the “Language” section from the event registration link. Generally, translators are used in Latin America and some countries in Europe and Asia.
Available languages for the Level 2 test can be found in Section 3.3 of the Level 2 Participant Handbook.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A LEVEL 2 TRAINER CERTIFICATE?
To receive a Level 2 Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate (or higher credential).
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of the course and/or test.
- Be in good standing with CrossFit, Inc.
- Attend and participate in the entire two-day course (approximately 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. both days). See the Level 2 Participant Handbook for more details.
- Pass the Level 2 test in person (in tested locations).
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance.
HOW AND WHEN ARE TEST RESULTS DELIVERED?
Test results are delivered to participants via email five to seven days after the test date.
How and when are certificates delivered?
Trainer certificates are individually mailed and can take four to six weeks to arrive for those living in the United States and eight to 12 weeks for those living outside the United States. Certificates of Attendance are emailed within one month of course attendance.