Level 1 Certificate Course
The Level 1 provides an introductory education on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit. It is the starting point for anyone seeking to improve their health and fitness through effective training and nutritional strategies. Prospective coaches and gym owners take the Level 1 to acquire the foundational training required to help others become fitter and healthier using the CrossFit methodology.
Buy now and pay later with Klarna for in-person Level 1 and 2 courses in select locations.*
Courses Near YouFind More Courses
Baltimore, MD, US
May 27 - May 28, 2023
CrossFit Federal Hill
Cary, NC, US
June 3 - June 4, 2023
Danbury, CT, US
June 3 - June 4, 2023
Hamilton, NJ, US
June 10 - June 11, 2023
East State CrossFit
INSIDE THE LEVEL 1 COURSE
The Level 1 offers expert instruction on the CrossFit methodology through two days of classroom instruction, small-group training sessions, and coach-led workouts. The Level 1 environment and all aspects of the course are supportive of all levels of athletes, from the absolute beginner to the more experienced.
- Read the Level 1 Certificate Course Participant Handbook.
- Study the CrossFit Level 1 Training Guide.
- Available for free download.
- A printed and bound copy can be purchased here.
- Develop familiarity with CrossFit’s movements and workouts. Check out the Workout of the Day on CrossFit.com or visit a CrossFit affiliate.
|Currency||Course Price||Retest Price||Revalidation Price***|
- CrossFit reserves the right to update pricing at any time. Pricing is applicable at the time registration is opened. Applicable local taxes are added at checkout.
- A 20% fee for late registration applies to all in-person seminar registrations made within 14 days of the seminar start date.
- Due to the large quantity of courses scheduled, CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
- In the event a cancellation is necessary, a 10% fee will apply to registrations canceled within seven days of the in-person seminar.
- To inquire about discounts for first responders, full-time school teachers, and U.S. active duty and veteran military personnel, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *CrossFit has partnered with Klarna to offer options to buy now and pay later for the Online Level 1 Course and in-person Level 1 and 2 courses. Klarna is available in limited locations, and if Klarna is an option for the course you wish to attend, it will be displayed at checkout.
- **Includes VAT.
- ***Revalidation price valid for any trainer with a current, valid credential (CF-OL1, CF-L1, CF-L2, CF-L3, CF-L4) obtained before April 15, 2022.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes. Effective April 15, 2022, the price of the in-person CrossFit Level 1 and Level 2 Certificate Courses increased to US$1,150. Due to the strength of some currencies, courses in select countries are exempt from the increase. See here for more details.
Yes, with some geographic limitations. CrossFit has partnered with Klarna to offer options to buy now and pay laters for the Online Level 1 Course and in-person Level 1 and 2 courses. Klarna is available in limited locations, and if Klarna is an option for the course you wish to attend, it will be displayed at checkout. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
To receive a Level 1 Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Attend the entire two-day course (approximately 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days). Attendance includes full exposure to all lectures, full participation in all practical breakout sessions, and full participation in all workouts.
- Pass the Level 1 test.
- Sign the CrossFit Trainer License Agreement and agree to the policies outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook, the Waiver and Release of Liability, and the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Pay all course/test fees in full.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance.
Any trainer with a current, valid credential (CF-OL1, CF-L1, CF-L2, CF-L3, CF-L4) obtained before April 15, 2022 is eligible for the $1,000 (or local equivalent) revalidation rate when registering for their Level 1 or Level 2.
English is the default language for the Level 1 Course. In some countries, a translator is provided, and lecture and small-group practical sessions are translated in real time. Courses with a translator are specified in the “Language” section from the event registration link. Generally, translators are used in Latin America and some countries in Europe and Asia.
Available languages for the Level 1 test can be found in Section 3.3 of the Level 1 Participant Handbook.
No. Registration is available until the course is full or the start of the course, whichever comes first. However, there is a 20-percent fee added if registration takes place 14 days or less from the date of the course.
Yes. All aspects of the Level 1 Course can be scaled or modified to accommodate the ability of the participant.
The schedule is available here.
Trainer certificates are individually mailed and can take four to six weeks to arrive for those living in the United States and eight to 12 weeks for those living outside the United States. Certificates of Attendance are emailed within one month of course attendance.
The minimum credential required to apply for affiliation is the CF-L1 (attend the Level 1 Certificate Course, pass the test, and maintain the credential). Since 2002, the Level 1 has served as the first step for a CrossFit trainer: an introductory course that provides a comprehensive review of the core concepts and methodology of CrossFit along with an introduction to CrossFit culture and community. It is an important experience for anyone seeking affiliation with CrossFit.
Participants must be at least 17 years old at the time of their test to be eligible to become a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer. Please review the eligibility requirements and age policy outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook for more information. The minimum age requirement for participation in the Level 1 Certificate Course is 14.
CrossFit’s policy is to run seminars in compliance with country, state, and local jurisdiction rules and guidelines in response to COVID-19 in that region. Please understand that rules and guidelines may require the use of masks, employment of social distancing, and proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results in order to be admitted into a gym facility and participate in the seminar. Be sure to review the local rules and guidelines for the location of your course and plan accordingly. Please know our team will support you on-site should you elect to wear a mask or take any other personal precautionary measures. You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions or concerns.
Which CrossFit courses can Soldiers take through ArmyIgnitED?
In-person Level 1 and Online Level 1 Courses
In-person Level 2 Certificate Course
Certified CrossFit Trainer (CCFT) available through Army COOL
Select Online Training Courses
Learn more here.
Yes. Active duty Soldiers in the Army can take select CrossFit courses at no cost to the Soldier through ArmyIgnitED. Learn more here.
El Paso, TX, US
July 1, 2023
9:00 AM PT
Registration: $1150 USD
For group registrations, please contact us at email@example.com