On the rower how long can you keep your average 500-meter pace at 2:00 or below?
1) Turn the rower on and scroll until average 500-meter pace is showing in bottom window.
2) Take a minute or so to drive the average under 2:00 and stay down there as long as you can.
3) Note the time at which you show 2:01 or higher.
4) Twenty minutes is good. Thirty is great.
5) If you absolutely can't get your hands on a C2 Rower, run, bike, or swim for 20 hard minutes.
6) If you fail in less than 8 minutes do two attempts.
"Things that matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
We've frequently gone to Dr. Seiler for information on the adaptive response course
of endurance training. Read this new piece on interval training and see why it is that
he departs from the CrossFit approach to all intervals all the time.
We are looking for first phase adaptations, some of the second, and none of the third.