In part 5 of this six-part series on technique, Seminar Staff Flowmaster Chuck Carswell goes back to the bodega.
“Do you want me to go to the right place or do you want me to be there at the right time?” he asks attendees of a two-day Scholarship Level 1 Certificate Course held at CrossFit South Philly.
The event, held March 27, 2021, in partnership with Steve’s Club and the Green Beret Project, was sponsored by The CrossFit Scholarship Program. The program seeks to spark meaningful healthcare changes in underrepresented and underserved communities by providing free access to the CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Course.
Carswell’s question isn’t a riddle; it is meant to demonstrate a fundamental truth of CrossFit training:
“Technique and intensity are not at odds,” Carswell explains.
Not if you follow CrossFit’s charter for safety: mechanics, consistency, intensity.
“Ultimately, what we are looking for is virtuosity,” he says. “We want the movement to look really, really good but also to be really, really fast.”
- Teaching Technique in Philly, Part 1: Efficiency
- Teaching Technique in Philly, Part 2: Strength
- Teaching Technique in Philly, Part 3: Threshold Training
- Teaching Technique in Philly, Part 4: Evaluation
- The CrossFit Scholarship’s Opening Weekend
- The CrossFit Scholarship Program: “Why We’re Here”
- The CrossFit Scholarship Program: Igniting a Spark