Level 1 Certificate Course
The Level 1 provides an introductory education on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit. It is the starting point for anyone seeking to improve their health and fitness through effective training and nutritional strategies. Prospective coaches and gym owners take the Level 1 to acquire the foundational training required to help others become fitter and healthier using the CrossFit methodology.
COURSES NEAR YOU
INSIDE THE LEVEL 1 COURSE
The Level 1 offers expert instruction on the CrossFit methodology through two days of classroom instruction, small-group training sessions, and coach-led workouts. The Level 1 environment and all aspects of the course are supportive of all levels of athletes, from the absolute beginner to the more experienced.
Instruction includes lectures on foundational movements, the CrossFit methodology, nutrition, and programming.
Sessions are conducted under low intensity with a low participant-to-instructor ratio. Each session focuses on improving individual participants’ mechanics while instructors engage participants in a dialogue that illuminates and reinforces effective coaching strategies.
Workouts provide examples of how to conduct a group class, hold a standard of proper mechanics when working at high intensity, and scale movements for any ability level.
|Currency||Course Price||Retest Price|
- CrossFit reserves the right to update pricing at any time. Pricing is applicable at the time evaluation registration is opened. Applicable local taxes are added at checkout.
- Due to the large quantity of courses scheduled, CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
- To inquire about discounts for first responders, full-time school teachers, and U.S. active duty and veteran military personnel, email email@example.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A LEVEL 1 TRAINER CERTIFICATE?
To receive a Level 1 Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Attend the entire two-day course (approximately 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. both days). Attendance includes full exposure to all lectures, full participation in all practical breakout sessions, and full participation in all workouts.
- Pass the Level 1 test.
- Sign the CrossFit Trainer License Agreement and agree to the policies outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook, the Waiver and Release of Liability, and the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Pay all course/test fees in full.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance.
IN WHICH LANGUAGES ARE THE LEVEL 1 COURSE AND TEST OFFERED?
English is the default language for the Level 1 Course. In some countries, a translator is provided, and lecture and small-group practical sessions are translated in real time. Courses with a translator are specified in the “Language” section from the event registration link. Generally, translators are used in Latin America and some countries in Europe and Asia.
Available languages for the Level 1 test can be found in Section 3.3 of the Level 1 Participant Handbook.
IS THERE A DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR COURSES?
No. Registration is available until the course is full or the start of the course, whichever comes first. However, there is a 20-percent fee added if registration takes place 14 days or less from the date of the course.
IS SCALING OR MODIFYING AVAILABLE AT THE LEVEL 1?
Yes. All aspects of the Level 1 Course can be scaled or modified to accommodate the ability of the participant.
HOW AND WHEN ARE CERTIFICATES DELIVERED?
Trainer certificates are individually mailed and can take four to six weeks to arrive for those living in the United States and eight to 12 weeks for those living outside the United States. Certificates of Attendance are emailed within one month of course attendance.
WHICH CREDENTIAL IS NECESSARY FOR CROSSFIT AFFILIATION?
The minimum credential required to apply for affiliation is the CF-L1 (attend the Level 1 Certificate Course, pass the test, and maintain the credential). Since 2002, the Level 1 has served as the first step for a CrossFit trainer: an introductory course that provides a comprehensive review of the core concepts and methodology of CrossFit along with an introduction to CrossFit culture and community. It is an important experience for anyone seeking affiliation with CrossFit.