2 oz. ground beef
1 tbsp. butter
½ medium-sized zucchini (sliced lengthwise)
⅓ c. diced tomatoes (canned)
½ tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tbsp. basil (chopped)
1 tbsp. red onion (diced)
½ tsp. garlic (minced)
¼ c. mozzarella (shredded)
1 sprig basil
Salt and pepper
29g of fat
21g of protein
11g of carbohydrates
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Boil a pot of water and blanch the zucchini slices for 20 seconds and remove. Set aside.
3. Heat up an oven-proof skillet and add the butter.
4. Sauté the red onion and garlic until soft, then add the ground beef and dried oregano. Cook for another few minutes until the beef has slightly browned.
5. Add the tomato paste and the diced tomatoes and allow to simmer for 2 minutes. Add a splash of water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Roll up the zucchini slices and place into the beef and tomato mixture.
7. Top with mozzarella and place into the oven.
8. Bake until the zucchini slices are cooked and the mozzarella has melted.
9. Remove from the oven and garnish with freshly ground black pepper and fresh basil.