CEU: 7 Units
Nutrition is a hallmark of the CrossFit program. The CrossFit Nutrition course teaches CrossFit’s nutrition philosophy and methodology.
The purpose of this certificate course is to learn how to use nutrition as a foundation for wellness and optimized performance.
The participant will learn to:
- Define the role processed and refined carbohydrates play in the development of chronic diseases.
- Understand how health markers can illuminate your health status.
- Define what is meant by quality foods under CrossFit’s nutritional guidelines.
- Define what is meant by quantity under CrossFit’s nutritional guidelines and various ways to measure intake.
- List out the series of steps to put quality and quantity into practice.
- Describe the various tactics that can be applied on top of the application of quantity and quality.
- Describe how the development of habits plays an underlying role in nutrition and the success of the individual.
- Understand the various forms of supplementation and how each applies to an individual’s nutrition and health.
- Speak to various forms of restrictive diets and how quality and quantity applies to each.
Participants will have the option to download a Nutrition I Training Guide for reference and future study.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants with a current CrossFit trainer credential (CF-L1/CF-OL1 or higher) will receive a CrossFit Nutrition I Certificate. Participants without a current CrossFit trainer credential will receive a certificate of completion. A Certified CrossFit Trainer will receive 7 CEUs toward maintaining the CCFT (CF-L3) credential. The certificate will be available for download at the bottom of this page.
This course can be completed in multiple sessions. However, it is recommended that you complete a full module before exiting the course, as work on partially completed modules will not be saved.