CEU: 2 Units
The Coaching Fundamentals course will teach you how to improve every aspect of your coaching, from correcting and scaling movements to class management and presence. Whatever your experience level, you’ll finish the course a more prepared and knowledgeable coach.
In this online course, you’ll learn the six skills of effective training through 15 practical drills you can put to use immediately to further your development as a trainer.
In this course you will:
- Improve on each of the six criteria of effective training: teaching, seeing, correcting, group management, demonstration, and presence and attitude.
- Learn and practice 15 drills to improve all six criteria of effective training.
- Prepare lesson plans for one-on-one or class sessions with a movement teaching plan.
- Individualize your coaching style by integrating the skills you learn.
- Identify scaling options for specific movements and learn how to scale athletes to achieve the intended stimulus of every workout.
When the course is done, you’ll understand how the practice of self-reflection leads to effective leadership, and you’ll be able to identify strategies to assist with building rapport with your athletes.
You’ll finish with the skills to prepare lesson plans for all types of training scenarios, including specific warm-ups, progressions, and scaling options. Finally, you’ll gain an understanding about how to develop your own individual coaching style that integrates the six criteria of effective training.
The following is recommended but NOT required: