Dr. Bret Scher is a board-certified cardiologist and lipidologist based in San Diego, California. He is also the medical director at DietDoctor.com, the world’s leading website on low-carb diets.
In preparation for our CrossFit Health Education webinar with Dr. Scher Sept. 24, we sat down to discuss his recommendations for how to optimize health with nutrition, mindset, and sleep habits. Here are a few of the specific topics and questions we addressed:
- What is health?
- How can we use science to make decisions that will have the greatest benefit on our health?
- What are some of the most common nutrition misconceptions?
- On cholesterol, saturated fat, and heart disease: We’ve heard total cholesterol matters. We’ve also heard LDL is a killer and needs to be lowered at any cost. And then we’ve also heard LDL is meaningless and can be ignored. What’s the truth when it comes to cholesterol?
- Is there a correlation between dietary cholesterol intake and cardiovascular risk?
- What’s the relationship between insulin, blood sugar, and inflammation?
- How important is mindset in optimizing health, happiness, and performance?
- In His book Blue Zones, Dan Buettner investigates the most common habits in societies where people frequently live into their 90s and 100s. What are the similarities between these cultures?
- How and why should you prioritize managing your stress and sleep?
Thursday, Sept. 24, 2020, at 1 p.m. PT.