ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE
The Online Level 1 Course is a temporary offering developed in response to global constraints on in-person gatherings related to COVID-19. This offering provides an option for those who need to revalidate or maintain their CrossFit trainer credentials. It is also currently available worldwide to those seeking CrossFit’s Level 1 credential for the first time.
The course includes two components:
- A self-paced online course that can be completed at home. The course begins with lecture-based and interactive instruction on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit and ends with a 50-question multiple-choice test.
- A live webinar, where participants can engage in a Q&A with CrossFit’s top coaches and receive coaching through foundational movements in a small group setting.
Upon completion of the course, participants are able to revalidate current CF- L1 or CF-L2 credentials, obtain a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Online (CF-OL1) credential (valid for three years, eligibility requirements apply), or attain CEUs toward the maintenance of CF-L3 or CF-L4 credentials.
READY TO GET STARTED?
WEBINAR TIME ZONES
All Level 1 webinar start times are displayed in Pacific Time, but start times have been varied to accommodate participants in different time zones and provide options that will support our worldwide CrossFit trainer community.
- Revalidation: Current CF-L1 credential or higher
- First-time credential: None
Please note: All participants must complete the online portion of this course prior to their webinar.
|Currency||Course Price||Revalidation Price|
- CrossFit reserves the right to update pricing at any time. Pricing is applicable at the time registration is opened. Applicable local taxes are additional.
- Due to the nature of this course, CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO REVALIDATE YOUR CREDENTIAL VIA THE ONLINE LEVEL 1?
- Hold a current CF-L1 or CF-L2 credential.
- Successfully complete the Online Level 1 Course.
- Fully attend and participate in a live Level 1 Course webinar.
- Agree to the CrossFit Trainer License Agreement and the policies outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook, the Waiver and Release of Liability, and the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Pay all fees in full.
IN WHICH LANGUAGES ARE THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE AND WEBINAR OFFERED?
At this time, the Online Level 1 Course and webinar are available in the following languages:
IS THERE A DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 WEBINAR?
Registration for each live webinar offering is available until the webinar is full or the course begins, whichever comes first. However, completion of the Online Level 1 Course is required prior to registering for your webinar.
I HAVE COMPLETED THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE. HOW DO I SCHEDULE MY WEBINAR?
Following completion of the online course portion of the Online Level 1, please select from the list of available webinars here to complete your course requirements.
I DO NOT HAVE A CURRENT CROSSFIT TRAINER CREDENTIAL. CAN I TAKE THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE?
Due to ongoing global constraints related to COVID-19, the Online Level 1 Course has been made temporarily available to individuals worldwide. This course provides a path to earning the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Online (CF-OL1) credential.
A CF-OL1 credential earned for the first time via the Online Level 1 Course confers the designation of CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Online (CF-OL1), meets CrossFit’s requirement for training others using CrossFit methods, and provides the opportunity to apply for affiliation with CrossFit. This credential is valid for three years.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED TO TAKE THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE AND WEBINAR?
For the online course and test, you will need a personal electronic device with an active internet connection. A laptop or tablet is recommended.
The webinar is held on the Zoom platform. For the webinar, you will need the following:
- Personal electronic device meeting Zoom system requirements, with camera, microphone, and active internet connection (laptop or tablet preferred)
- The Zoom platform downloaded on your device
- Your registration confirmation email
- A government-issued photo ID
- Suitable clothes for working out
- A dowel, PVC pipe, broomstick, or similar object for use in the front squat, overhead squat, presses, deadlift, and sumo deadlift high pull
- A medicine ball or other light-weight ball or object (recommended 20 lb./10 kg or less) for use in the medicine-ball clean
We highly recommend familiarizing yourself with Zoom before joining the live webinar.
I AM REGISTERED FOR THE ONLINE LEVEL 1. HOW DO I ACCESS THE COURSE?
The Online Level 1 Course can be accessed here. To access, you must log in using your CrossFit account.
HOW AND WHEN ARE CERTIFICATES DELIVERED?
Certificates are individually mailed and can take four to six weeks to arrive for those living in the United States and eight to 12 weeks for those living outside the United States.
I COMPLETED THE IN-PERSON LEVEL 1 CERTIFICATE COURSE BUT DID NOT PASS THE TEST. CAN I TEST ONLINE?
Due to ongoing global constraints related to COVID-19, the Online Level 1 Course is available as an option for individuals who have attended the in-person Level 1 Certificate Course but have not passed the Level 1 test.
To be eligible, a person must have attended an in-person course within the last 12 months. Qualifying individuals must successfully complete the Online Level 1 Course. Upon successful completion, individuals will earn the CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Online (CF-OL1) credential.