Level 2 Certificate Course
The Level 2 Certificate Course is an intermediate-level course that builds on the concepts and movements introduced at the Level 1 Certificate Course. This course is ideally suited for any CrossFit trainer serious about delivering quality coaching. Level 2 participants enhance their understanding of the CrossFit methodology, program design, and implementation. They also advance their skills while coaching others in movements and workouts.
COURSES NEAR YOU
Fayetteville, NC, US
March 13 - March 14, 2021
Danbury, CT, US
March 20 - March 21, 2021
Bridgeport, PA, US
April 3 - April 4, 2021
CrossFit King of Prussia
Fort Wayne, IN, US
April 3 - April 4, 2021
Mad Apple CrossFit
INSIDE THE LEVEL 2 COURSE
The Level 2 course provides an opportunity for CrossFit trainers to refine their training skills over two days of classroom work, one-on-one training, and group sessions. Participants should come prepared to be deeply engaged. Classroom sessions are discussion-based, and each student will lead individual and small group sessions. Peers and instructors provide guidance and feedback throughout the weekend.
Discussion-based classroom sessions develop participants through adaptable real-time consideration of specific coaching questions with instructors and peers.
Participants receive direct feedback from peers and instructors in one-on-one coaching settings.
Group coaching opportunities refine participants’ abilities to teach, see, and correct individual movement while managing a larger group in a dynamic environment.
Daily group workouts help participants put theory into practice.
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer (CF-L1) Certificate or higher
- Read the Level 2 Certificate Course Participant Handbook.
- Study the CrossFit Level 2 Training Guide and Workbook.
- We strongly recommend participants spend a minimum of 50 hours training others using the CrossFit methodology before attending a Level 2 Course.
- Online course work such as Scaling, Spot the Flaw, and Lesson Planning can help students prepare and gain confidence for the practical sessions.
- CrossFit reserves the right to update pricing at any time. Pricing is applicable at the time registration is opened. Applicable local taxes are added at checkout.
- Due to the large quantity of courses scheduled, CrossFit does not accommodate refunds or transfers.
- To inquire about discounts for first responders, full-time school teachers, and U.S. active duty and veteran military personnel, email email@example.com.
- *Includes VAT.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
DOES THE LEVEL 2 COURSE HAVE A TEST?
Effective January 2020, Level 2 participants must complete a post-course online assessment to receive a Level 2 Trainer Certificate and earn the CrossFit Level 2 Trainer (CF-L2) credential.
See the Level 2 Participant Handbook for more information.
IN WHICH LANGUAGES ARE THE LEVEL 2 COURSE AND ONLINE ASSESSMENT OFFERED?
English is the default language for the Level 2 Course. In some countries, a translator is provided, and lecture and small group practical sessions are translated in real time. Courses with a translator are specified in the “Language” section from the event registration link. Generally, translators are used in Latin America and some countries in Europe and Asia.
Available languages for the Level 2 online assessment can be found in Section 3.2 of the Level 2 Participant Handbook.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE A LEVEL 2 TRAINER CERTIFICATE?
To receive a Level 2 Trainer Certificate, one must:
- Hold a valid and current CrossFit Level 1 Trainer Certificate (or higher credential).
- Be in good standing with CrossFit, LLC.
- Attend and participate in the entire two-day course (approximately 9 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. both days).
- Successfully complete the Level 2 online assessment within 30 days of course attendance.
If you do not meet these requirements, you are issued a Certificate of Attendance. See the Level 2 Participant Handbook for more details.
HOW IS THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT ACCESSED?
Participants who complete the two-day CrossFit Level 2 Certificate Course are automatically enrolled in the online assessment within 48 hours of course completion. Participants will have access to the online assessment portal for a period of 30 days from the date of their enrollment.
ARE EXTENSIONS AVAILABLE FOR THE ONLINE ASSESSMENT?
Participants will have 30 days to complete the online assessment. If a participant is unable to complete the assessment prior to the 30-day deadline due to an emergency or hardship, he or she must contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extension requests must be submitted to email@example.com for review at least one week prior to the 30-day deadline. Participants submitting a request for extension are subject to a $150 assessment extension fee.
HOW AND WHEN ARE CERTIFICATES DELIVERED?
Trainer certificates are individually mailed and can take four to six weeks to arrive for those living in the United States and eight to 12 weeks for those living outside the United States. Certificates of Attendance are emailed within one month of course attendance.