ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE
The online Level 1 Course is a temporary offering, developed in response to COVID-19 constraints on social gatherings, in order to provide an option for those who need to revalidate or maintain their CrossFit trainer credentials.
The course is comprised of two components:
- The Level 1 Course online, which includes lecture-based and interactive instruction on the fundamental principles and movements of CrossFit and ends with a 50-question multiple-choice test.
- A live webinar, where participants can engage in a live Q&A with CrossFit’s top coaches as well as receive coaching through foundational movements in a small group setting.
Upon completion, participants are able to revalidate current CF-L1 or CF-L2 credentials or attain CEUs toward the maintenance of CF-L3 or CF-L4 credentials.
Upon webinar registration, participants are automatically enrolled in the online Level 1 Course. We highly recommend completing the online portion of this course prior to your webinar.
All Level 1 webinar start times are displayed in Pacific Time, but start times have been varied to accommodate participants in different time zones and provide options that will support our worldwide CrossFit trainer community.
Current CF-L1 credential or higher
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TO REVALIDATE YOUR CREDENTIAL VIA THE ONLINE LEVEL 1?
- Hold a current CF-L1 or CF-L2 credential.
- Successfully complete the online Level 1 Course.
- Fully attend and participate in a live online Level 1 Course webinar.
- Agree to the CrossFit Trainer License Agreement and the policies outlined in the Level 1 Participant Handbook, the Waiver and Release of Liability, and the Confidentiality Agreement.
- Pay all fees in full.
I DO NOT HAVE A CURRENT CROSSFIT TRAINER CREDENTIAL. CAN I TAKE THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE?
No. At this time, the online Level 1 Course is only open to current CrossFit trainers. The online Level 1 Course was developed in response to constraints related to COVID-19 in order to provide an option for those who need to revalidate or maintain their trainer credentials.
IS THERE A DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 WEBINAR?
Registration is available until the webinar is full or the webinar begins, whichever comes first. However, completion of the online Level 1 Course is highly recommended prior to the webinar date.
IN WHICH LANGUAGES ARE THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE AND WEBINAR OFFERED?
At this time, the online Level 1 Course and webinar are available in English only.
WHAT EQUIPMENT IS REQUIRED TO TAKE THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE AND WEBINAR?
For the online course and test, you will need a personal electronic device with an active internet connection. A laptop or tablet is recommended.
The webinar is held on the Zoom platform. For the webinar, you will need the following:
- Personal electronic device meeting Zoom system requirements, with camera, microphone, and active internet connection (laptop or tablet preferred)
- The Zoom platform downloaded on your device
- Your registration confirmation email
- A government-issued photo ID
- Suitable clothes for working out
- A dowel, PVC pipe, broomstick, or similar object for use in the front squat, overhead squat, presses, deadlift, and sumo deadlift high pull
- A medicine ball or other light-weight ball or object (recommended 20 lb./10 kg or less) for use in the medicine-ball clean
We highly recommend familiarizing yourself with Zoom before joining the live webinar.
I AM REGISTERED FOR A LEVEL 1 WEBINAR. HOW DO I ACCESS THE ONLINE LEVEL 1 COURSE?
Within 24 hours of registration for the Level 1 webinar, participants will be automatically enrolled in the online Level 1 Course. The online Level 1 Course can be accessed here. You must log in using the same CrossFit account you used for webinar registration. Please reference your registration confirmation email for more details.
HOW AND WHEN ARE CERTIFICATES DELIVERED?
Certificates are individually mailed and can take four to six weeks to arrive for those living in the United States and eight to 12 weeks for those living outside the United States.