Skip to Content
Go to previous day
Monday

August 12, 2019

Go to next day

Workout of the day

Rest Day

Post thoughts to comments.

Listen to Maurice Ravel, Miroirs, pièce III, “Une barque sur l’ocean.”

“I think there is a vast myth that scientists are somehow objective and honest,” Dr. Terence Kealey said during a presentation at a CrossFit Health event at CrossFit Headquarters on March 9, 2019. During his presentation, Kealey discussed the myth of scientific objectivity, drawing examples widely from history as well as his personal experiences within many of the most reputable scientific institutions. “We commit to paradigms, and then we bend the data to it,” Kealey explained. “Now, you get money not for being right; you get money for satisfying the prejudices of the people who sit on the committees in the NIH and NSF.”

Watch Dr. Terence Kealey and the Myth of Scientific Objectivity

Comments on WOD undefined

Comments

Shawn HakimiAugust 12th, 2019 at 12:59 am

I really enjoyed watching the games this year. But i was a little surprised how they’re wasn’t specific coverage of the athletes who weren’t national champs from countries being represented for the first time. Woulda loved to hear their stories as I’m sure for some of them They must have made huge sacrifices to be able to attend. Thoughts?

Shawn HakimiAugust 12th, 2019 at 12:59 am

***who were national champs

Chris SinagogaAugust 12th, 2019 at 1:54 am

I hope this doesn't hijack any other discussion for today, but I wrote a post a few days back on my experience at the CrossFit Games/Health Conference if anyone wanted to pass some time at work.

(w/f safe - including the South Park video embedded, believe it or not)

Bill BowdenAugust 12th, 2019 at 2:41 am

Great read and summation. Appreciate you posting. We were at the Games but did not make the Health Conference. Will likely try to hit it next year after reading your piece.

Chris SinagogaAugust 12th, 2019 at 12:48 pm

Thanks Bill. It's a different world in there man. Incredible quality of people.

Gina GalianoAugust 12th, 2019 at 3:10 pm

This past weekend was my third time taking the L1 CERT in the last 12 years. It was by far the best one yet and far exceeded my expectations. Todd, Katie, Cassidy and Santi have it down to a science! Truly it is like a find tuned machine. It was fun, challenging, and really I was sad for it to end, lol. Wish I could hang out with them at a very every weekend! Their passion and belief in what and how they teach, engage and demonstrate is contagious. I am a far better coach after this weekend!❤️

Chris SinagogaAugust 12th, 2019 at 7:56 pm

Gina, I am due for my third L-1 coming up in a few months.I was debating on taking the L-2 instead, but I just loved the atmosphere of the L-1 both times I took it. And after reading your comment, I solidified my decision. Thank you!

Marian SquiresAugust 12th, 2019 at 6:32 pm

This WOD is a great reminder that we need to let our bodies rest and recover. On rest days, I work on mobility, yoga, and stretching. I may take also take a slow jog or normal-paced walk. Doing something helps me feel that I am doing something but at the same time I know I am resting my body because I am not working with the effort or energy like I do in a WOD.