"Suffering isn't ennobling; recovery is."
Here's some basic rowing physics. The physics of ergometers is included. This is a good brain workout.
Workout of the Day
Let's put some energy in to the five CrossFit Challenges (No's 1-5)
1. Vertical-leap 1/2 your body height.
2. Muscle-up 10 times in a row without touching ground or coming off of the rings.
3. Run 1 mile then complete a single set of bench press at body weight 21 reps, all within 10 minutes.
4. Beat Garth Taylor's 1:25.5 500-meter Row.
5. 21 reps of dumbbell "thrusters" at 1/2 your body weight.
Don't let the enormity of the challenge deter your trying! Make a serious attempt at each challenge and record the result. Save for late comparison. If you cannot do a muscle-up, try anyway; the struggle is more important than the accomplishment.
Daniel Kawika Bennett has achieved number 2, number 4 is Garth Taylor's, and number 5 belongs to Cameron Earle. No one has completed two challenges.
Feedback, comments, questions as usual send to firstname.lastname@example.org
TODAY | FOUNDATIONS | CONTACT US | HOME