May 25, 2011

Wednesday 110525

CFMG Affiliate Snapshot_th.jpg

CrossFit Mission Gorge enters the CrossFit Affiliate Snapshot.

Affiliate Name: CrossFit Mission Gorge

Affiliate Owner: Ian McHugh & Geo Rockwell.

Affiliate Since: November 2009.

Location: San Diego, CA.

Square Footage: 3000.

Number of Members? Approx. 130.

Number of Trainers? 4 Male/2 Female.

Describe your gym culture in one word: Community.

Most used piece of gear in your gym? Barbell.

Advice you wish you had been given: Don't start with a full schedule of classes; add them as your affiliate grows.

What question you would love to ask other affiliate owners: How do you approach your facilities programming?

Workout or movement that elicits the most groans in your affiliate: YAY Burpees!

Coolest WOD: Most in our community enjoy "Cindy" or some form of "Cindy"

Favorite CrossFit saying: "Get comfortable with being uncomfortable."

Complete the sentence: CrossFit should . . . continue revolutionizing people's approach to fitness training, and we're sure they will.

Posted by Lisbeth at May 25, 2011 12:05 AM
Comments

They're being modest above. "Community" is more like "Family" I love this place.

Comment #1 - Posted by: Mark at May 24, 2011 11:25 PM

Great looking BOX!

Comment #2 - Posted by: Ali H at May 25, 2011 7:15 AM

Geo and Ian are awesome guys, CFMG is a great community.

Comment #3 - Posted by: Trevor at May 25, 2011 7:44 AM

Thanks for posting this Lisbeth! We are extremely proud.

Comment #4 - Posted by: Ian at May 25, 2011 9:05 AM

My second home...some weeks, my first!

Comment #5 - Posted by: Casey at May 25, 2011 10:02 AM

CFMG and all that comes with it made me a better person. Thanks Geo and Ian!

Comment #6 - Posted by: Chad at May 25, 2011 10:37 AM

Seriously the best BOX in San Diego. Proud to be amongst those beasts every week. Keep up the great work guys.

Comment #7 - Posted by: T.O. at May 25, 2011 1:55 PM

Great coaches! Great community! Back in January of 2010, I immediately knew I had found a home with them and with CrossFit. What a life-changing blessing!

Comment #8 - Posted by: Bob at May 25, 2011 6:48 PM

I was their first member and I am very proud to have been there from the start and I am very happy to see their growth and when I am back in San Diego I know where I will go to train. Ian and Geo are very amazing and helped change my life God Bless them both.

Comment #9 - Posted by: Dave at May 25, 2011 8:01 PM

THE best--and it's the coaches who make it that way. Their hard work and dedication is unmatched to any other. Our family has found an amazing community here at CFMG, and our lives have changed in the past year for the better!

Comment #10 - Posted by: B & B at May 25, 2011 8:50 PM

Coolest place on earth !

Comment #11 - Posted by: Saud at May 25, 2011 8:53 PM

We are blessed to have such amazing coaches and a wonderful facility. Ian and Geo we appreciate all your hard work AND that you offer a million classes! CFMG Family.

Comment #12 - Posted by: Kelly at May 25, 2011 10:34 PM