July 27, 2010

Tuesday 100727

rainieranniversarywall_th.jpg

Rainier CrossFit (WA) celebrated its sixth anniversary with a new wall and some creative ways to use it . . .

"The Big Picture" by Bob Guere of CrossFit California City (CA).

"What Do You Lack? Probably Vitamin D" from the New York Times.

Fight Gone Bad V: Interested in a custom widget for your affiliate website? Find out how you can get one . . .

How To Get a Custom Widget for Your Affiliate (from our friends at Fight Gone Bad V)

Starting on Monday, July 26th, CrossFit affiliates in the Top 10 Fundraisers for Fight Gone Bad V for the week will receive a custom website widget -- with just your affiliate fundraising total displayed in real time.

The rules are simple. Get in the Top Ten by 5pm PDT Friday of any week leading up to FGB V and you'll receive the code for a custom-built widget within seven days.

The widget could be a great tool for your membership and possibly even inspire non-CrossFitters to get involved with FGB V at your affiliate. Plus, it will add some "bling" to your blog . . .

Posted by Lisbeth at July 27, 2010 12:05 AM
Comments

The custom widget is cool, but I need Curtis or Rogue (I'm not picky) to build me a custom made wall for our affiliate...

Comment #1 - Posted by: Tom at July 26, 2010 11:55 PM

Great use of the new wall. But looking at the enlarged pic, I would NEVER want to walk past that thing too close! Check out the steel threaded rod sticking out of it on the left side!!! OUCH!!

Comment #2 - Posted by: JP at July 27, 2010 6:20 AM

We are working on a kit so you can pick up the lumber and build your wall. I am on it!

Comment #3 - Posted by: Bill Henniger at July 27, 2010 7:57 AM

Peshaw Tom!!! Like Kurtis has the time to build a wall. You need LAURIE to build it. I just made Kurtis drill the pilot holes for the bolts because I suck at pilot holes. (oh, and he had to move it - strongman in action - it weighs a TON, even in 3 peices.)

JP - The lake isn't it's fianl home, we need to take it apart one more time then we'll cut those nasty lengths off. We warned everyone about them beforehand so no one got near them, while climbing or throwing.

Thanks Lis!

Laurie

Comment #4 - Posted by: Laurie at July 27, 2010 8:15 AM

And here I thought Laurie was just more bad*** than most. "You want to climb the wall? Yeah? Well try getting over these bolts! Now take off your shoes! I've sprinkled some broken glass on the other side. Let's see how bad you are now!" (** Waves fist and utters warrior cry.)

Comment #5 - Posted by: Lisbeth at July 27, 2010 8:18 AM

Happy 6th birthday to Rainier CrossFit!

Comment #6 - Posted by: Frank DiMeo at July 27, 2010 7:21 PM

Ummm Lisbeth you do realize you just gave Laurie and Kurtis a new idea for using the wall in a WOD right? Broken glass burpee wall climbs!

Comment #7 - Posted by: Tom at July 28, 2010 12:57 AM

Ooooh, Tom! Good idea! I'll use that for the next kids class :)

Thanks Frank, It's been quite a ride!

Comment #8 - Posted by: Laurie at July 28, 2010 12:02 PM