October 4, 2007

THURSDAY 071004

Me with 400+m tire flipThumb.jpg
Enlarge image

Trebor Marple of CrossFit Valdosta during a 400m tire flip WOD. Trebor sustained an injury that left him without full function of his legs. He completed this WOD using mainly his forearms, arms, shoulders and chest. His doctor told him he would never walk again... so... Trebor sent him this pic.

Posted by at October 4, 2007 8:15 PM
Comments

That rocks!!!

Nice work.

Mike in L.A.
www.valleycrossfit.com

Comment #1 - Posted by: Mike in L.A. at October 3, 2007 9:49 PM

Rock out, man, that's friggin' awesome.

Comment #2 - Posted by: gaucoin at October 3, 2007 10:10 PM

Wow, that's a great ! Some doctors just doesn't know what they are doing, they are like human 'plumbers'...
They told me not to lift heavy three years ago and left me with pain and pills. Now I do cleans and DL and hey, no more pain.
So Trebor, go for it !

Comment #3 - Posted by: Petr R. at October 3, 2007 10:15 PM

I love it! Stay strong Trebor!

Comment #4 - Posted by: Anthony Bainbridge & Jodi Arbeau at October 4, 2007 2:38 AM

Outstanding!

Comment #5 - Posted by: Dan MacDougald at October 4, 2007 3:33 AM

Amazing.

Comment #6 - Posted by: Ben Kaminski at October 4, 2007 5:00 AM

Rock on Trebor.

Comment #7 - Posted by: Doug at October 4, 2007 5:01 AM

Oh hell yeah Trebor, rock on! Good luck for continued badassedness!

Comment #8 - Posted by: Jesse Woody at October 4, 2007 5:03 AM

Strong work Trebor.

Comment #9 - Posted by: Peter at October 4, 2007 5:04 AM

Great job Trebor!

Comment #10 - Posted by: Pavel Saenz at October 4, 2007 5:47 AM

Tenacity always counts!

Comment #11 - Posted by: Frank DiMeo at October 4, 2007 5:48 AM

Excellent work!
There's no limit to what a person can do!

Comment #12 - Posted by: Leonid Soubbotine at October 4, 2007 5:59 AM

that's incredible! awesome, trebor.

Comment #13 - Posted by: eva claire (ec) at October 4, 2007 6:02 AM

Thank you all so much the comments. I felt amazing after it. I have a 5 vertebrae fusion/incomplete spinal injury. The funny thing is I didn't even feel it in my back. CrossFit is amazing. I am having an incredible experience with my facility and the family we are building.

Comment #14 - Posted by: Trebor at October 4, 2007 6:12 AM

Awesome, awesome, awesome. What a way to start the day with reading about such an excellent example. Keep going!

Comment #15 - Posted by: James Humphrey, Jr. at October 4, 2007 6:15 AM

Amazing work Trebor! It's another example of how far the human body can be pushed, especially when the professionals are telling you to quit. Very inspiring.

Comment #16 - Posted by: Robzilla at October 4, 2007 6:54 AM

Trebor,
You are AMAZING!! Your courage, commitment, determination, talent, heart and strength is a true inspiration! I am so thankful for you! Thanks for all of the hard work and dedication you give to your CrossFit Valdosta family! You are an awesome motivator and trainer! What is the opposite of FEAR?

Comment #17 - Posted by: Kate at October 4, 2007 7:15 AM

I showed my partner the pick without reading the blurb below and she said that Trebor looked like Mariusz Pudzianowski - nice cuts bro!

Comment #18 - Posted by: Jesse Ward at October 4, 2007 7:20 AM

Now, that's impressive, inspiring, incredible...

impossible = nothing

Comment #19 - Posted by: Buretto at October 4, 2007 8:18 AM

Very few words can express the ability of this man, his energy and motivation impact so many. He is a hero, and a true friend...we look up to you Trebor. "Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself" - Beecher

Comment #20 - Posted by: Cork at October 4, 2007 8:36 AM

WOW!

Comment #21 - Posted by: Skip Chase at October 4, 2007 9:33 AM

I did tire flips for the first time last year at Ken Urakawa's CrossFit Southwest. Blew me away how hard they were. Can't imagine 400m's worth! Nice JOB!!!

Comment #22 - Posted by: Andy P at October 4, 2007 10:03 AM

Wow! What an inspiration!!

Comment #23 - Posted by: Peter Brogowski at October 4, 2007 10:55 AM

Legit.

-jj

Comment #24 - Posted by: J Jones at October 4, 2007 11:01 AM

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Kstar

Comment #25 - Posted by: Kelly Starrett at October 4, 2007 11:25 AM

Phenomenal!

Comment #26 - Posted by: a noble at October 4, 2007 3:00 PM

Inspiring!!

Comment #27 - Posted by: mike stehle at October 4, 2007 3:04 PM

Kettle Bells i tell you. His boy are the size of 50lb kettle bells. Hoo Ya Bro

Comment #28 - Posted by: Rotsac at October 4, 2007 4:00 PM

Trebor...You are an inspiration to everyone around you...You are truely an amazing person!! I am proud to know you and glad to work with you everyday. You are my Superman.....

Comment #29 - Posted by: Kathy at October 4, 2007 8:22 PM

right on beast, that's the way to go!

some doctors insist on giving out the worst possible view, pisses me off!

Comment #30 - Posted by: zach at October 4, 2007 9:24 PM

Motivational to say the LEAST!! Nice work!

Comment #31 - Posted by: Rob Harris at October 5, 2007 9:43 AM

I met Trebor in Golden, CO and he is a kick ass guy. I think the patients should have to go see him at CF Valdosta after they finish with the doc.

Comment #32 - Posted by: Jason M. at October 5, 2007 10:29 AM

Jeez Trebor, your forearms are almost as big as your quads! Keep it up.

Comment #33 - Posted by: MC at October 5, 2007 6:36 PM

Wow.

How much does the tire weigh?

Comment #34 - Posted by: John Frazer M/41/185# at October 5, 2007 8:36 PM

John,
Not sure. We think it's about 300+lbs. Our 400m is marked out with arrows that on the tire flip you have to hit. If you hit the arrows it is about 500m. Thank you to everyone for all the motivational comments.

Comment #35 - Posted by: trebor at October 6, 2007 11:33 AM

Trebor is the man! What an inspiration to everyone he is involved with! Thank you for everything you have done for me.

Comment #36 - Posted by: Jay Davidson at October 7, 2007 8:17 AM

Way to go, Trebor! Thanks for posting this, too. It gives hope to others with obstacles to overcome.

Comment #37 - Posted by: Billy at October 7, 2007 7:56 PM

Thank you Trebor for being an inspiration.

Comment #38 - Posted by: Alfie at October 7, 2007 8:27 PM

AWESOME WORK

WHAT WILLPOWER AND SPIRIT!

Comment #39 - Posted by: passingthru at October 8, 2007 9:16 PM

Thank you for pushing me during workouts! I have painfully enjoyed every minute of it! Trebor you have impacted so many lives and we are lucky to have you at CrossFit Valdosta. Please keep it coming!

Comment #40 - Posted by: Tracy at October 11, 2007 6:57 PM

This young man is my personal inspiration. Crossfit is an amazing way of life. But Trebor is an amazing person and inspires hundreds of people to "go the extra mile". I am thankful he is my "son".

Comment #41 - Posted by: katie at October 14, 2007 6:37 AM